This is your very last chance to register for one of the very few spots left open for An Evening With The Explorers – Trials and Triumphs of the Plant Hunters this Friday evening, March 6 at the JC Raulston Arboretum!
You’ve procrastinated long enough and now you’re in danger of missing out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rub elbows with some of the leading explorers in this modern golden age of plant exploration. If getting to chat up folks like Dan Hinkley, Scott McMahan, Ozzie Johnson, Andrew Bunting, and Greg Paige isn’t enough, there’s more:
Heavy hors d’ouevres and noshes
Open bar with great NC craft beer and wine
Silent and live auction with extremely rare and choice plants including:
- Weeping persimmon (Diospyros kaki (Shibamichi Weeping) – from the garden of Akira Shibamichi!
- Cathy catkin yew (Amentotaxus cathayensis) – One of the rarest of all conifers
- Vietnam golden cypress (Xanthocyparis vietnamensis) – Dan Hinkley’s wild collection
- Five lobe maple (Acer pentaphyllum) – The world’s rarest maple
- Asian chain fern (Woodwardia unigemmata) – Incredible red new growth
- Red lotus magnolia (Magnolia insignis) – A red-flowered evergreen magnolia
- Red-fruited helwingia (Helwingia sp.) – A Dan Hinkley collection of an unknown species!
- Japanese maples, evergreen spicebush, dwarf linden & ginkgo, and many more
Plus there will be an opportunity to bid on a 2 night stay with Dan Hinkley at his gorgeous home on Bainbridge Island in Washington.
Register now or live with regret.
All proceeds from this fundraiser go to support plant exploration.
Special thanks to event sponsor Bartlett Tree Experts and speaker sponsor Spring Meadow Nursery.
Visit us at jcra.ncsu.edu for all of the many happenings at the JC Raulston Arboretum!